Thursday, December 21, 2006

their kampf, etc



earlier today Jonathan Schwarz of ATR suggested giving money to digby and Consortium News, and earler this week JS discussed "Our Kampf", an anthology of humor from Schwarz and Mike Gerber.


Additionally, I note that the fine folks at wikipedia are fundraising, and for today they note that they have a mysterious anonymous benefactor who will match today's donations. Maybe tomorrow too(?)

Now, I haven't discussed my fundraising and my plans for Iraqdoc 2007 in some time, mainly because I've been frustrated with my (slow)progress in teaching myself Arabic script. I can speak and comprehend spoken Arabic, especially Levantine and Iraqi vernacular, but my reading and writing literacy leave something to be desired at this point. Nevertheless, I will discuss Iraqdoc 2007 more tomorrow.