Friday, June 24, 2005

Tookong is born


yes, he really looks like this...

my mysterious friend has finally decided to post on his own. No, not "NBB", my old movie reviewer. He not interested in internet no mo'. I'm referring to Tookong, whose missives have always delighted me over the years. I've known Tookong for several earth years, and I can attest to the fact that he's a good Joe.
(His friend Joe is a good Joe too.)

Here are some titles:

"Whatever it was, it came from the sky and it was not happy."
"The brocoli was a facile fool with little sense, but the cheese... she was the very personification of prudence and good judgement"
"The Rainbow Sprinkles Cupcake King sits on his chocolate throne sipping marshmallow wine"
"How do the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on?*"
"The reason ducks don't have difficulty with simple arithmetic is because they don't wear socks"
"The Bottlefly family reunion took place on the rotting corpse of a coyote in the bar ditch of lonely country road"
"Sometimes I put jelly on my toast, but then sometimes I don't."
"Oranges that spontaneously explode due to summer heat account for nearly 7% of all field hand fatalities in a given year."*

No, he doesn't generally discuss politics or even Lorna Doone cookies, but if this sort of dadaist whimsy strikes you as your cup of fur,
I encourage you to check out his new cyber-digs.