Sunday, March 09, 2003

I got an e-mail from Chris Suellentrop, who asked me to post it on my blog:

"Your accusation is reprehensible and without merit. Your evidence is so weak that I'm not going to bother with rebutting it,
beyond these three points: 1) It's hardly unusual that two people would share similar conclusions when summarizing the content
of a book that both of the people have read; 2) There is no similarity between the language of the quotes you cite; 3) I have
never read the Amazon reviews of Pollack's book. All that I know about them is what you posted on your site.

I would appreciate it if you posted this in its entirety on your blog. I'm not going to be silent while someone assassinates my
character and my reputation.

Chris

Chris Suellentrop
Slate.com"

I do see similarity in the quotes in question, but I realize that this is a highly subjective matter, and I am perfectly willing to believe that said similarities were coincidental. It was never my intention to cause harm to Suellentrop's reputation, and I sincerely hope I have not done so. In addition, I will remove the title from the post in question.