Friday, August 18, 2006

Tang and thee

tang in space-w versen family

according to Wikipedia

"At one time, Canadian authorities attempted to deter addicts from misusing doses of methadone by packaging it in combination with Tang; this was carried out under the reasoning that nobody would be foolish enough to intravenously inject the combination. This was not the case."
reference:
"Chemical Stability of Methadone Concentrate and Powder Diluted in Orange-Flavored Drink"


I was thinking of my mother and how she used to make me Tang when I was a kid. She had a great deal of enthusiasm about being a mother, at least as far as I could see. Proust was undoubtedly classier than me because he wasn't inundated by pop culture, and I'll bet he never had any Tang.

and here, part of my relentless efforts as a patron of the arts,
is Sebastian's ode to Tang.