Saturday, January 28, 2006

Greetings from Denton, or it's all your fault

greetings-from-denton-mikecochran-dot-net
mike cochran

This is the comment I left at Jonathan Schwarz's "Aaron Brown Explains How It's All Our Fault", in which he discusses Aaron Brown scolding viewers for not watching the news, or something like that. It made me ponder the problem of How Irredeemably Cruddy US Teevee News Has Become. So I wrote:

I've thought about it, and I've come to the conclusion the problem is that news teevee is misusing their resources.

If we want better news teevee, instead of giving Nancy Grace her own show, we should pay her to go to everybody's house and scowl at them if they don't watch hi-falootin' tv that's good for you.

doorbell rings. Viewer opens the door.

Viewer: Aaaah!
Nancy Grace: Watch Bill Moyers.
Viewer: I don't think he's on any more.
Nancy G: I don't want to hear any guff.
Viewer: Yes ma'am.

It would take a while, but I know she'd get the job done.