Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Some good recent posts

Jonathan Schwarz: "One Jolly Afternoon" (my picture reader readers will like this one,about Judith Miller, and her pals.)

Khalid Jarrar on the Iraqi election, here. (oh, yeah, that...)

Michael at Lunaville writes about the good news in Iraq in "Mr Death"

from Don "please stop asking me where you can find a mechanic for your Fiat" Bintz, "

I have an idea! Let's not investigate each other!"
When I read this I couldn't help but think of 1-hit wonder David and David's
"Welcome to the Boomtown" from 1986, one of the happiest and unhappiest years of my life...do you remember? The song, not my personal travails.

and Barbara at the Mahablog says:
"I’ve been watching MSNBC’s Hardball this week, even though I swore off a couple of years ago. Truly, it’s better than Six Flags. There are thrill rides–Chris Matthews and guests go swooshing through the murky depths of rightie disinformation, shoot up to a brief moment of clarity, then tumble down again...

...As someone, I believe Eric Alterman, once said, television producers seem to think “balance” means that if someone on your program says the earth is round, you have to give the views of the Flat Earth Society equal time and respect. As if there were no such thing as objective fact."


What? No pictures? Ok, ok...
la femme:Isabelle Adjani-1
from actricesdefrance.net

This is Isabelle Adjani, who played Victor Hugo's daughter in Truffaut's L'Histoire d'Adèle H. Methinks she was (and is) one of the most sublimely beautiful women in the history of cinema.