Monday, July 17, 2006

and back in Iraq


AP
Another apparently sectarian attack on Iraqi civilians, this time in a small town called Mahmoudiya near Baghdad,41 or more dead. I question the usefulness of posting the photos I find sometimes; I feel angry at the filtered US television news, and I tell myself that the bigness and the randomness of the internet being what it is, maybe occasionally people will see something they experience as broadening of their perspective. I don't know.

Doctors treat young victims injured by automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenades at Baghdad's Yarmouk Hospital Monday, July 17, 2006, in Iraq. Dozens of heavily armed attackers raided an open air market Monday in a tense town south of Baghdad, killing at least 41 people and wounding 42, police and hospital officials said. Most of the victims were believed to be Shiites. (AP Photo/Samir Mizban)