Tuesday, March 21, 2006

memememememememememe...


the mysterious JK of dunneiv, who may or may not be "crass pastor", has tagged me with a meme, as follows:




Four Jobs I’ve had:
telephone surveyor,
telephone sales(far less pleasant),
insurance sales,
tax preparer.

Four movies I can watch over and over:
8 and a half,
Lawrence of Arabia,
Dumbo,
House of Games(even though Mamet's syncopated dialogue no longer charms me.)

Four places I’ve lived:
San Antonio,Tx
Beirut,
Baghdad,
Denton, Tx.
actually these are the only places I've lived for any appreciable length of time, post-sentience. I've been told I've lived other places, and seen pictures, so it's probably true.

Four TV Shows I Love:
The Rockford Files,
The X-files,
Gunsmoke,
Futurama.

Four highly regarded and recommended TV shows I haven’t seen (much of):
24,
Alias,
retro-Battlestar Galactica,
Sex in the City.
the ads suggest 24 is unreflectively melodramatic, so I've shied away from it, and neither Alias nor Sex strike me as shows I'd care for.

Four places I’ve vacationed:
NYC,
Memphis,
Palm Beach, FL
Connecticut.

Four of my favorite dishes:
blueberry pancakes(there was one breakfast place here in Denton which really did them wonderfully which has long since gone.)
Clam Chowder.
I can't think of anything else, although I'm not claiming that I would want to live on nothing but blueberry pancakes and clam chowder. Still, if I could write a book claiming I lost a bunch of weight on such a diet, then went on Oprah...

Four sites I visit daily:
The Sideshow,
Cursor,
BBC News,
and Wikipedia.


Four places I’d rather be right now:
here's ok, I guess. For now. See, I think this is a bad question. A better one would be
four places you'd like to visit that you've never been.
At one time when I was a kid I wanted to visit every place that Tintin had been, even Tibet and the moon, and I figured moon travel would've been commonplace by the time I was middle-aged. Well, I'm 42 and it isn't. And, I missed my chance to ride on the Concorde, another thing I really would've liked to do. C'est la vie.
I would like to visit Barbados one day, as one of my ex-roommates is from there and I could go look him up. I'd also like to visit Brazil and Argentina, and if I made it down there, I suppose I'd want to see Chile too, so that I could say I'd been in a really skinny country, and tell people what the weather was like. Too bad about the Concorde though. I blame Bush. And if the coriolis effect doesn't work the way Molder says it does in Buenos Aires, I'll blame him for that too.

????

Four new bloggers I’m tagging:
I'm not comfy tagging anybody, as some may regard it as bothersome.
If you want me to tag you, as it were, let me know. If you say that doesn't count, well who made that rule up? You have to leave a comment, cause that's the new rule, saith me.