Thursday, May 06, 2004

"Oh, ok, I am sorry. Sheesh."

May 6, 2004 | Washington -- President Bush apologized Thursday for the abuse and humiliation of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers, saying the scenes of mistreatment had made Americans "sick to our stomachs."

A day after he stopped short of apologizing, Bush told Jordan's King Abdullah II: "I was sorry for the humiliation suffered by the Iraqi prisoners and the humiliation suffered by their families..."


(especially since you refused to be seen in public with me If I didn't say I was sorry, and that sure would make look foolish, what with me inviting you to Washington and not getting my photo-op...)

"...I told him I was as equally sorry that people seeing those pictures didn't understand the true nature and heart of America," Bush said, standing in the Rose Garden alongside Abdullah..."

(equally sorry, got that? I'm equally sorry that people don't see us as Really Swell White Folks Who Can Do No Wrong. In other words, if I'm equally sorry that people don't see us as generally wonderful, a comparatively trivial matter, than I guess I'm not that sorry about the first thing...pretty clever, huh? )

[by the way, did you see the interview Dubya did with US-patsy-al hurra tv where he said "good job" to the interviewer when he was done? How come they don't take al-hurra tv seriously? Don't they know how much better it is? And how come they don't like us when we pat them on the head? Geez.]